Inland Empire News
Yucaipa deputy-involved shooting kills suspect
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Yucaipa to determine what led to a fatal-deputy involved shooting Saturday.
Deputies responding to the area near Yucaipa Boulevard and 3rd Street around 4:40 p.m. following an unknown problem call.
Officials said a 911 caller reported a problem at a mobile home park. Officials said the suspect wound up in a woman's car.
Responding deputies found the vehicle the suspect was traveling in and attempted to pull the vehicle over. That's when the suspect provided deputies wth a false name.
A fight ensued as the suspect struggled with deputies and attempted to take one of the deputy's guns. As the fight continued, deputies saw the suspect attempt to reach for his waistband on multiple occasions.
Fearing for their life, deputies attempted to Taser the suspect. When that tactic proved ineffective, deputies opened fire.
The suspect was shot and transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The two deputies suffered minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
deputy-involved shooting, robbery, kidnap, inland empire news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 45 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 24 min ago
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 17 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 18 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup 54 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions 53 min ago
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons