Inland Empire News
Yucaipa deputy-involved shooting kills suspect
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Yucaipa to determine what led to a fatal-deputy involved shooting Saturday.
Deputies responding to the area near Yucaipa Boulevard and 3rd Street around 4:40 p.m. following an unknown problem call.
Officials said a 911 caller reported a problem at a mobile home park. Officials said the suspect wound up in a woman's car.
Responding deputies found the vehicle the suspect was traveling in and attempted to pull the vehicle over. That's when the suspect provided deputies wth a false name.
A fight ensued as the suspect struggled with deputies and attempted to take one of the deputy's guns. As the fight continued, deputies saw the suspect attempt to reach for his waistband on multiple occasions.
Fearing for their life, deputies attempted to Taser the suspect. When that tactic proved ineffective, deputies opened fire.
The suspect was shot and transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The two deputies suffered minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
deputy-involved shooting, robbery, kidnap, inland empire news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 51 min ago
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 3 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 13 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler