Inland Empire News
Yucaipa deputy-involved shooting kills suspect
YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Yucaipa to determine what led to a fatal-deputy involved shooting Saturday.
Deputies responding to the area near Yucaipa Boulevard and 3rd Street around 4:40 p.m. following an unknown problem call.
Officials said a 911 caller reported a problem at a mobile home park. Officials said the suspect wound up in a woman's car.
Responding deputies found the vehicle the suspect was traveling in and attempted to pull the vehicle over. That's when the suspect provided deputies wth a false name.
A fight ensued as the suspect struggled with deputies and attempted to take one of the deputy's guns. As the fight continued, deputies saw the suspect attempt to reach for his waistband on multiple occasions.
Fearing for their life, deputies attempted to Taser the suspect. When that tactic proved ineffective, deputies opened fire.
The suspect was shot and transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The two deputies suffered minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
deputy-involved shooting, robbery, kidnap, inland empire news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video