Inland Empire News
Hiker found dead in Thousand Palms; identified as LMU professor
THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A hiker found dead in Thousand Palms in Riverside County was identified Monday by Loyola Marymount University as one of their professors.
The body of 71-year-old Alan Hogenauer was found in the wash about a half-mile east of the Coachella Valley Preserve visitor center Sunday afternoon. Search crews had been looking for the man since Saturday.
"The entire Loyola Marymount University community is deeply saddened by the loss of Professor Alan Hogenauer," the school said in a statement. "In his many years at LMU, he was loved and respected by his fellow faculty members, the staff and the many students whose lives he touched. He was a warm and generous teacher who eagerly shared his knowledge and experiences with everyone he met."
According to the school, Hogenauer had worked at LMU since August 2000.
Investigators are trying to determine if extreme heat was a contributing factor in the death. Temperatures in the area exceeded 120 degrees this weekend.
riverside county, inland empire news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 25 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
19 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
20 min ago