Inland Empire News
Boy with autism missing in Menifee; search under way
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way in Menifee for a missing 11-year-old boy with autism.
Police say Terry Smith was discovered missing from his residence in the 33000 block of Helen Lane sometime between Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Police and volunteers, along with a helicopter and bloodhound, scoured the area all day on Sunday, but could not find the boy.
His parents say he takes medication twice a day. The last time they saw him was right before he went to sleep.
"She checked on the kids, thought he was in bed. This morning when I woke up at 8:30 to groom a dog, he was not in bed," said Dennise Bugna, partner of the child's mother. "We just want the family back."
Smith is 4 feet 8 inches tall, 76 pounds and was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Menifee Investigations Unit at (951) 210-1000.
missing person, riverside county, inland empire news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves 58 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 4 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break