Inland Empire News
Boy with autism missing in Menifee; search under way
MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way in Menifee for a missing 11-year-old boy with autism.
Police say Terry Smith was discovered missing from his residence in the 33000 block of Helen Lane sometime between Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Police and volunteers, along with a helicopter and bloodhound, scoured the area all day on Sunday, but could not find the boy.
His parents say he takes medication twice a day. The last time they saw him was right before he went to sleep.
"She checked on the kids, thought he was in bed. This morning when I woke up at 8:30 to groom a dog, he was not in bed," said Dennise Bugna, partner of the child's mother. "We just want the family back."
Smith is 4 feet 8 inches tall, 76 pounds and was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Menifee Investigations Unit at (951) 210-1000.
missing person, riverside county, inland empire news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 18 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 9 min ago
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 47 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder 46 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Taylor Swift's most beautiful looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
28 min ago