Inland Empire News
Big rig stuck under overpass on southbound 215 Freeway in Perris
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- A big-rig hit an overpass under construction in Perris and got stuck, shutting down the southbound 215 Freeway on Tuesday.
The crash occurred at about 7:30 a.m. at the Perris Boulevard overpass.
The southbound lanes at Nuevo Road were expected to be closed for at least 24 hours as crews worked to repair the damage. Traffic backed up for miles after the incident.
Cars were diverted at Nuevo Road, so commuters could get off the D Street exit, get on Highway 74 and then back on the 215 Freeway. Another option was to use the southbound 15 Freeway.
Lanes on the northbound 215 Freeway remained open.
riverside county, car crash, road closure, traffic delay, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 32 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere