Inland Empire News
Sugarloaf parents arrested for abusing 22-month-old daughter
SUGARLOAF, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- Two Sugarloaf parents were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of abusing their 22-month-old daughter, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's deputies responded to the Bear Valley Hospital on Tuesday on reports of a 22-month-old girl with injuries to her head and body, authorities said. She was taken to Loma Linda University Children's Hospital for further treatment.
Forensic pediatricians at the children's hospital performed examinations revealing she had extensive injuries, which they suspected were caused by abuse.
Detectives from the Crimes Against Children Detail assumed the investigation and subsequently arrested the girl's parents at their Sugarloaf home on the 800 block of Sunset Lane.
Aaron Wayne Degrise, 18, was arrested and booked at the Central Detention Center on suspicion of torture and assaulting a child causing coma. He is being held on $500,000 bail.
The girl's mother, 17, was arrested and booked at the San Bernardino Juvenile Hall on suspicion of willfully causing or permitting a child to be injured. Because she is a juvenile, she is being held with no bail.
child abuse, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
44 min ago