Inland Empire News
Sugarloaf parents arrested for abusing 22-month-old daughter
SUGARLOAF, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- Two Sugarloaf parents were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of abusing their 22-month-old daughter, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Sheriff's deputies responded to the Bear Valley Hospital on Tuesday on reports of a 22-month-old girl with injuries to her head and body, authorities said. She was taken to Loma Linda University Children's Hospital for further treatment.
Forensic pediatricians at the children's hospital performed examinations revealing she had extensive injuries, which they suspected were caused by abuse.
Detectives from the Crimes Against Children Detail assumed the investigation and subsequently arrested the girl's parents at their Sugarloaf home on the 800 block of Sunset Lane.
Aaron Wayne Degrise, 18, was arrested and booked at the Central Detention Center on suspicion of torture and assaulting a child causing coma. He is being held on $500,000 bail.
The girl's mother, 17, was arrested and booked at the San Bernardino Juvenile Hall on suspicion of willfully causing or permitting a child to be injured. Because she is a juvenile, she is being held with no bail.
child abuse, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 24 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 6 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know... 55 min ago