Inland Empire News
Riverside suspected DUI crash: Pedestrian dead, driver arrested
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is dead after being struck by a suspected drunken driver in Riverside early Saturday morning, authorities said.
Riverside police officers and firefighters responded to the collision near Crest Avenue and Babb Avenue around 2:30 a.m.
According to witnesses, Mena Joel Guzman, 19, of Riverside was driving a 1995 Mitsubishi pickup truck north on Crest Avenue. Guzman failed to negotiate a curve, drove onto a sidewalk and struck a 43-year-old man, police said.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
Guzman, the only person in the truck, was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center for vehicular manslaughter and felony DUI, police said.
The Riverside Police Department Major Accident Investigation Team is looking into the crash.
Anyone with information was asked to call Detective Ken Madsen at (951) 826-8723.
car crash, dui, arrest, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 13 min ago
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood 58 min ago
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)