Inland Empire News
Riverside suspected DUI crash: Pedestrian dead, driver arrested
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is dead after being struck by a suspected drunken driver in Riverside early Saturday morning, authorities said.
Riverside police officers and firefighters responded to the collision near Crest Avenue and Babb Avenue around 2:30 a.m.
According to witnesses, Mena Joel Guzman, 19, of Riverside was driving a 1995 Mitsubishi pickup truck north on Crest Avenue. Guzman failed to negotiate a curve, drove onto a sidewalk and struck a 43-year-old man, police said.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
Guzman, the only person in the truck, was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center for vehicular manslaughter and felony DUI, police said.
The Riverside Police Department Major Accident Investigation Team is looking into the crash.
Anyone with information was asked to call Detective Ken Madsen at (951) 826-8723.
car crash, dui, arrest, inland empire news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 11 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 57 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 27 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)