Inland Empire News
Riverside suspected DUI crash: Pedestrian dead, driver arrested
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is dead after being struck by a suspected drunken driver in Riverside early Saturday morning, authorities said.
Riverside police officers and firefighters responded to the collision near Crest Avenue and Babb Avenue around 2:30 a.m.
According to witnesses, Mena Joel Guzman, 19, of Riverside was driving a 1995 Mitsubishi pickup truck north on Crest Avenue. Guzman failed to negotiate a curve, drove onto a sidewalk and struck a 43-year-old man, police said.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
Guzman, the only person in the truck, was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center for vehicular manslaughter and felony DUI, police said.
The Riverside Police Department Major Accident Investigation Team is looking into the crash.
Anyone with information was asked to call Detective Ken Madsen at (951) 826-8723.
car crash, dui, arrest, inland empire news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 50 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 44 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 41 min ago
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard 13 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 30 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'