Inland Empire News
Kidnapped Ontario musician found alive in Mexico
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Ontario musician who was kidnapped was found alive and well in Mexico. He was reunited with his family Monday.
Joseph Garcia was kidnapped at gunpoint from his own driveway by two men. Investigators are still trying to determine the motive behind the apparent kidnapping.
Garcia performed with his band, Nuevos Elegantes, at a nightclub in Lakewood Saturday night. Hours later, Ontario police say the 23-year-old was taken by two men.
"The driver side door was open, the keys were in the ignition, his cellphone, his driver's license were left behind," said Olivia Horta, Garcia's mother.
Police believe Garcia was kidnapped and driven across the border into Mexico, and then let go. Investigators are looking for suspects on both sides of the border.
Garcia, who also goes by the stage name Chepe Arevalo, is a rising star in the Mexican Norteno music scene.
san bernardino county, missing person, kidnap, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified 23 min ago
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested 25 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate