Inland Empire News
Kidnapped Ontario musician found alive in Mexico
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Ontario musician who was kidnapped was found alive and well in Mexico. He was reunited with his family Monday.
Joseph Garcia was kidnapped at gunpoint from his own driveway by two men. Investigators are still trying to determine the motive behind the apparent kidnapping.
Garcia performed with his band, Nuevos Elegantes, at a nightclub in Lakewood Saturday night. Hours later, Ontario police say the 23-year-old was taken by two men.
"The driver side door was open, the keys were in the ignition, his cellphone, his driver's license were left behind," said Olivia Horta, Garcia's mother.
Police believe Garcia was kidnapped and driven across the border into Mexico, and then let go. Investigators are looking for suspects on both sides of the border.
Garcia, who also goes by the stage name Chepe Arevalo, is a rising star in the Mexican Norteno music scene.
san bernardino county, missing person, kidnap, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 6 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 53 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)