Inland Empire News
San Bernardino disturbance: Crowd attacks pedestrians, vehicles
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino police said five or six arrests have been made after a rampaging group of young people caused trouble on the streets Thursday night.
More than 100 people gathered in the area of Waterman Avenue and Baseline Street. According to investigators, the event was advertised through social media.
At one point, some threw rocks and bottles at vehicles and pedestrians. Windows were broken in vehicles and in local businesses.
Police remained at the scene in cruisers and on horseback.
Local law enforcement officials have been scanning social media sites for flash mob crime sprees after a vandalism and theft melee in Hollywood earlier this week.
inland empire news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 48 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)