Inland Empire News
San Bernardino disturbance: Crowd attacks pedestrians, vehicles
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino police said five or six arrests have been made after a rampaging group of young people caused trouble on the streets Thursday night.
More than 100 people gathered in the area of Waterman Avenue and Baseline Street. According to investigators, the event was advertised through social media.
At one point, some threw rocks and bottles at vehicles and pedestrians. Windows were broken in vehicles and in local businesses.
Police remained at the scene in cruisers and on horseback.
Local law enforcement officials have been scanning social media sites for flash mob crime sprees after a vandalism and theft melee in Hollywood earlier this week.
inland empire news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 22 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 51 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 45 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
40 min ago