Inland Empire News
San Bernardino disturbance: Crowd attacks pedestrians, vehicles
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino police said five or six arrests have been made after a rampaging group of young people caused trouble on the streets Thursday night.
More than 100 people gathered in the area of Waterman Avenue and Baseline Street. According to investigators, the event was advertised through social media.
At one point, some threw rocks and bottles at vehicles and pedestrians. Windows were broken in vehicles and in local businesses.
Police remained at the scene in cruisers and on horseback.
Local law enforcement officials have been scanning social media sites for flash mob crime sprees after a vandalism and theft melee in Hollywood earlier this week.
inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 7 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre