Inland Empire News
Fontana police looking for possible kidnap victim who may be hurt
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Fontana police are searching for an apparent kidnap victim who might be badly injured.
Investigators said 40-year-old Alejandro Padilla, who goes by Alex, was leaving for work around 5 a.m. Friday when he was assaulted.
Police said they received a call about someone yelling for help in the 6800 block of Beechcraft Avenue.
When officers arrived, they saw what appeared to be a crime scene. From the blood on the side of the house, it appears he was attacked. Padilla is missing, and so is his vehicle, a black four-door 2009 Nissan Versa.
Padilla just moved into the Fontana home with his family about a month ago, according to his brother, Rob Padilla.
"He's my only brother, younger brother. He's got his two daughters. We're concerned, real concerned," he said. "Maybe it's a random act, maybe somebody is targeting him, we don't know."
One of the victim's coworkers, Johnny Bravo, said it looks like he was jumped as he was getting into his car. They found body damage to another car in the driveway, skid marks in the grass, and a bloody shirt left in the street.
"His work computer was in the driveway. His work phone was just thrown in the driveway, so you could tell that he didn't even have a chance to get inside of his car," said Bravo. "There was a broken bat, a broken wooden bat. At this time, we don't really know what happened, we have no answers."
Padilla's friends and family said they don't know of any enemies that he may have had.
"He's like a friendly kind of guy. He has a bunch of friends. I want him to come home. We're praying that everything's OK and that the blood we see here doesn't belong to him," said Rob Padilla.
Anyone with information about Padilla's whereabouts was asked to contact Fontana police at (909) 350-7700.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
20 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
9 min ago