Inland Empire News
Fontana police looking for possible kidnap victim who may be hurt
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Fontana police are searching for an apparent kidnap victim who might be badly injured.
Investigators said 40-year-old Alejandro Padilla, who goes by Alex, was leaving for work around 5 a.m. Friday when he was assaulted.
Police said they received a call about someone yelling for help in the 6800 block of Beechcraft Avenue.
When officers arrived, they saw what appeared to be a crime scene. From the blood on the side of the house, it appears he was attacked. Padilla is missing, and so is his vehicle, a black four-door 2009 Nissan Versa.
Padilla just moved into the Fontana home with his family about a month ago, according to his brother, Rob Padilla.
"He's my only brother, younger brother. He's got his two daughters. We're concerned, real concerned," he said. "Maybe it's a random act, maybe somebody is targeting him, we don't know."
One of the victim's coworkers, Johnny Bravo, said it looks like he was jumped as he was getting into his car. They found body damage to another car in the driveway, skid marks in the grass, and a bloody shirt left in the street.
"His work computer was in the driveway. His work phone was just thrown in the driveway, so you could tell that he didn't even have a chance to get inside of his car," said Bravo. "There was a broken bat, a broken wooden bat. At this time, we don't really know what happened, we have no answers."
Padilla's friends and family said they don't know of any enemies that he may have had.
"He's like a friendly kind of guy. He has a bunch of friends. I want him to come home. We're praying that everything's OK and that the blood we see here doesn't belong to him," said Rob Padilla.
Anyone with information about Padilla's whereabouts was asked to contact Fontana police at (909) 350-7700.
san bernardino county, missing person, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 34 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 51 min ago
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 16 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 22 min ago
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break