Inland Empire News
San Bernardino officer, 2 suspects injured in shooting
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino police officer and two suspects were shot and injured Friday night.
The incident happened around 9 p.m. at Sierra Way and Baseline Avenue. San Bernardino police said two officers stopped a car for a traffic violation. Two of the four suspects in the vehicle shot at the officers, and the officers returned fire, police said.
Both suspects were shot in the legs. One of the officers was also shot in the leg. All three people were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The officer has since been released from the hospital.
Neighbors said they heard a lot of gunshots.
"I was in my backyard playing with my kids. I hear like 80 shotguns, and it was really scary," said Eunice Toscano of San Bernardino.
Authorities said the suspects' weapons were recovered at the scene. The two other suspects in the car ran away and have not been located.
The two injured suspects were identified as Eric Newson, 22, of Los Angeles and Keijuan Mayfield, 22, of Redlands. Mayfield has since been booked into jail.
Anyone with information on this incident was asked to call Detective John Munoz at (909) 384-5630.
officer-involved shooting, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 56 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
40 min ago