Inland Empire News
Thunder, lightning cause power outages across Inland Empire
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Thunder, lightning and heavy rain filled the sky in spots Monday, causing power outages in the Inland Empire along the way.
Southern California Edison said a power outage was affecting over 1,000 customers throughout the Inland Empire.
The company had received reports of power outages in California City, Mojave, Lake Arrowhead, Perris, Lake Elsinore and other areas due to lightning. It was unclear when service would be restored.
Lightning strikes also sparked several brush fires in San Bernardino County Monday.
A ¼ acre fire was reported near Sycamore and SR-18 in the Skyforest area around 5:03 a.m.
Several other fires were reported on Pioneer Camp Road in the Crestline, Waterman Canyon and Running Springs areas, Angle Way in Lake Arrowhead and at Hook Creek Boy Scout Camp.
San Bernardino County officials said palm trees caught on fire in the Lake Elsinore area as well.
Officials said the fires were being suppressed by fire engines, hand crews and helicopter water drops.
There were no reports of structure fires.
fire, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film