Inland Empire News
Thunder, lightning cause power outages across Inland Empire
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- Thunder, lightning and heavy rain filled the sky in spots Monday, causing power outages in the Inland Empire along the way.
Southern California Edison said a power outage was affecting over 1,000 customers throughout the Inland Empire.
The company had received reports of power outages in California City, Mojave, Lake Arrowhead, Perris, Lake Elsinore and other areas due to lightning. It was unclear when service would be restored.
Lightning strikes also sparked several brush fires in San Bernardino County Monday.
A ¼ acre fire was reported near Sycamore and SR-18 in the Skyforest area around 5:03 a.m.
Several other fires were reported on Pioneer Camp Road in the Crestline, Waterman Canyon and Running Springs areas, Angle Way in Lake Arrowhead and at Hook Creek Boy Scout Camp.
San Bernardino County officials said palm trees caught on fire in the Lake Elsinore area as well.
Officials said the fires were being suppressed by fire engines, hand crews and helicopter water drops.
There were no reports of structure fires.
fire, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 5 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 36 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 5 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book