Inland Empire News
Fontana homicide victim was transgender star of reality show
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The victim of a Fontana homicide has been identified as a transgender star of a reality show.
Domonique Newburn, who starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys," was discovered dead in her apartment around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after neighbors heard screaming and shouting and called 911.
Investigators are searching for a man possibly seen leaving the scene in the victim's car. The black 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 was located Wednesday afternoon at Perris Hill Park in San Bernardino, police said. Investigators say it appears to have been parked there for some time.
No arrests have been made. Authorities don't have a solid description of the suspect or a possible motive.
The front door of Newburn's apartment has been boarded up. Blood stains and a big hole in the wall next to the front door showed signs of a struggle.
On a clip from "Hollywood Houseboys," Newburn talks about being transgender. She was featured on the show with her boyfriend.
"I was formally a boy, now I'm a transgender. My family does not know about this," said Newburn. "I never really was attracted to gay boys, or feminine, or undercover... I was always attracted to straight boys."
The show's creator, Ryan Hope, issued a statement saying, "We are all deeply shocked and saddened by the tragic loss of our sister, Domonique Newburn. Domonique was an amazing person whose spirit transcended gender."
Mourners gathered outside the Fontana apartment Wednesday night for a vigil. Members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the Inland Empire came to show support. Some said they fear Newburn's death was a hate crime.
"I feel kind of a sense of siblinghood with fellow trans people. We're just trying to live like anybody else," said Tara Wallace, who attended the vigil.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, inland empire news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway 56 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Holiday headaches triggers to watch out for
31 min ago