Inland Empire News
Fontana homicide victim was transgender star of reality show
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The victim of a Fontana homicide has been identified as a transgender star of a reality show.
Domonique Newburn, who starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys," was discovered dead in her apartment around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after neighbors heard screaming and shouting and called 911.
Investigators are searching for a man possibly seen leaving the scene in the victim's car. The black 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 was located Wednesday afternoon at Perris Hill Park in San Bernardino, police said. Investigators say it appears to have been parked there for some time.
No arrests have been made. Authorities don't have a solid description of the suspect or a possible motive.
The front door of Newburn's apartment has been boarded up. Blood stains and a big hole in the wall next to the front door showed signs of a struggle.
On a clip from "Hollywood Houseboys," Newburn talks about being transgender. She was featured on the show with her boyfriend.
"I was formally a boy, now I'm a transgender. My family does not know about this," said Newburn. "I never really was attracted to gay boys, or feminine, or undercover... I was always attracted to straight boys."
The show's creator, Ryan Hope, issued a statement saying, "We are all deeply shocked and saddened by the tragic loss of our sister, Domonique Newburn. Domonique was an amazing person whose spirit transcended gender."
Mourners gathered outside the Fontana apartment Wednesday night for a vigil. Members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in the Inland Empire came to show support. Some said they fear Newburn's death was a hate crime.
"I feel kind of a sense of siblinghood with fellow trans people. We're just trying to live like anybody else," said Tara Wallace, who attended the vigil.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, inland empire news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks