Inland Empire News
Suspect and companion sought in murder of Fontana transgender woman
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- San Bernardino detectives are searching for a suspect and his companion in connection to the murder of a transgender woman in Fontana.
Sheriff's detectives identified a possible suspect that lived in San Bernardino. Detectives and an Inland Valley SWAT unit served search warrants at two residences in San Bernardino Thursday. Several subjects were detained and some evidence was also collected.
Detectives are still seeking the suspect, 18-year-old Dantjier Powell. Sheriff's officials said he is possibly trying to leave the state, maybe on a bus. He was described as a black male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 155 pounds, with an average build.
Powell is believed to be with Jamie Nicole Cotton, a 25-year-old black female out of Highland. She was described as standing 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
The two are sought in connection with the murder of Domonique Newburn on the 7900 block of Bennett.
Newburn, who starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys," was discovered dead in her apartment around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday after neighbors heard screaming and shouting and called 911.
There were obvious signs of a struggle inside the apartment. Investigators believe the suspect stole Newburn's Mercedes-Benz. The car was located Wednesday afternoon at Perris Hill Park in San Bernardino, but there was no sign of the suspect.
Any information regarding the whereabouts of either of Powell or Cotton should be directed to the Fontana Police at (909) 356-TIPS.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news, amy powell
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 7 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 42 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 32 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis