Inland Empire News
Marijuana-grow bust nets 2000 plants, stolen guns in Helendale
HELENDALE, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Marijuana Enforcement Team netted about 2,000 pot plants and stolen guns Tuesday.
A search warrant at a residence at 28853 Indian Trail in Helendale revealed an approximately 1-acre grow area with nearly 1,300 marijuana plants, according to the department. Three handguns and three rifles were also recovered. Two of the handguns were reportedly stolen.
Nine suspects were arrested at the location for charges including cultivation, child endangerment and possession of stolen firearms. Two children at the location were taken into custody by the County Department of Children's Services.
A second search warrant was served at 29849 Indian Trail in Helendale, netting approximately 350 plants along with a rifle, according to the sheriff's department. Two suspects were identified for prosecution on cultivation charges.
A third Helendale search warrant was served, this one at 16687 Wheeler Road, resulting in the seizure of more than 300 marijuana plants and a rifle. One man was arrested for cultivation.
The investigation will be submitted to the District Attorney for review.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact the Narcotics Division at (909)890-4840. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at wetip.com.
Helendale is an unincorporated community about 15 miles north of Victorville.
arrest, marijuana, marijuana growing, inland empire news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 1 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 6 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video