Inland Empire News
Search continues for suspect in transgender woman's murder
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An all-out search continues for the man suspected of killing a transgender woman in Fontana.
It has been three days since Domonique Newburn was found dead in her own apartment.
Police are searching for 18-year-old Dantjier Powell in connection to the homicide. They say he is probably on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
"Detectives are searching the area, however, there's also the possibility that these two have left the area on a bus," said Lt. Bill Megenney with the Fontana Police Department.
Police say they may have even gone out of the state. It's unclear how they knew Newburn.
"We're not really sure how the victim and the suspect met. We're not sure if they were just friends, if there was any other type of relationship that may have developed there that may have been the catalyst for this whole thing, anything's possible at this point," said Megenney.
The victim was one of the stars on the internet reality show "Hollywood Houseboys." Police have not released a motive for the crime.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Fontana Police at (909) 356-TIPS.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 2 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 51 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 54 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report