Inland Empire News
Search continues for suspect in transgender woman's murder
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An all-out search continues for the man suspected of killing a transgender woman in Fontana.
It has been three days since Domonique Newburn was found dead in her own apartment.
Police are searching for 18-year-old Dantjier Powell in connection to the homicide. They say he is probably on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
"Detectives are searching the area, however, there's also the possibility that these two have left the area on a bus," said Lt. Bill Megenney with the Fontana Police Department.
Police say they may have even gone out of the state. It's unclear how they knew Newburn.
"We're not really sure how the victim and the suspect met. We're not sure if they were just friends, if there was any other type of relationship that may have developed there that may have been the catalyst for this whole thing, anything's possible at this point," said Megenney.
The victim was one of the stars on the internet reality show "Hollywood Houseboys." Police have not released a motive for the crime.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Fontana Police at (909) 356-TIPS.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 55 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)