Inland Empire News
Fontana murder suspect's family makes emotional plea
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a transgender reality show star are making a public plea for him to surrender to police.
Domonique Newburn, 31, was found dead inside her apartment on Aug. 20. The victim starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys."
Police have identified 18-year-old Dantjier Powell as the murder suspect. Authorities believe Powell is on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
Powell's father, Lou Audry Powell, has sent a message to his son.
"I would like for my son to turn himself in because I feel that's the best thing to do so you could have a fair trial," said Powell.
The motive for the murder remains unclear.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 4 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting 7 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 1 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre