Inland Empire News
Fontana murder suspect's family makes emotional plea
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a transgender reality show star are making a public plea for him to surrender to police.
Domonique Newburn, 31, was found dead inside her apartment on Aug. 20. The victim starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys."
Police have identified 18-year-old Dantjier Powell as the murder suspect. Authorities believe Powell is on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
Powell's father, Lou Audry Powell, has sent a message to his son.
"I would like for my son to turn himself in because I feel that's the best thing to do so you could have a fair trial," said Powell.
The motive for the murder remains unclear.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour