Inland Empire News
Fontana murder suspect's family makes emotional plea
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a transgender reality show star are making a public plea for him to surrender to police.
Domonique Newburn, 31, was found dead inside her apartment on Aug. 20. The victim starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys."
Police have identified 18-year-old Dantjier Powell as the murder suspect. Authorities believe Powell is on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
Powell's father, Lou Audry Powell, has sent a message to his son.
"I would like for my son to turn himself in because I feel that's the best thing to do so you could have a fair trial," said Powell.
The motive for the murder remains unclear.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut