Inland Empire News
Fontana murder suspect's family makes emotional plea
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a transgender reality show star are making a public plea for him to surrender to police.
Domonique Newburn, 31, was found dead inside her apartment on Aug. 20. The victim starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys."
Police have identified 18-year-old Dantjier Powell as the murder suspect. Authorities believe Powell is on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
Powell's father, Lou Audry Powell, has sent a message to his son.
"I would like for my son to turn himself in because I feel that's the best thing to do so you could have a fair trial," said Powell.
The motive for the murder remains unclear.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments 12 min ago
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Parents, daughter accused in $7M shoplifting spree
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Bitcoin exchange CEO's death ruled 'unnatural'
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
29 min ago