Inland Empire News
Fontana murder suspect's family makes emotional plea
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a transgender reality show star are making a public plea for him to surrender to police.
Domonique Newburn, 31, was found dead inside her apartment on Aug. 20. The victim starred on an online show called "Hollywood Houseboys."
Police have identified 18-year-old Dantjier Powell as the murder suspect. Authorities believe Powell is on the run with his girlfriend, 25-year-old Jamie Cotton.
Powell's father, Lou Audry Powell, has sent a message to his son.
"I would like for my son to turn himself in because I feel that's the best thing to do so you could have a fair trial," said Powell.
The motive for the murder remains unclear.
san bernardino county, homicide investigation, murder, inland empire news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees