Inland Empire News
Man arrested for sexual battery at Hemet department store
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing sexual battery charges after police say he grabbed a girl inside a department store in Hemet Monday.
The incident occurred in the store located in the 1200 block of South Sanderson Avenue.
Police say they initially responded to a report of a male suspect masturbating inside the store. The suspect, later identified as Grant Pittman, 22, of Winchester, had already left when officers arrived.
Witnesses provided police with a description of the suspect. A short time later, dispatch began receiving calls that Pittman was walking through the parking lot and blocking traffic into the street.
The suspect then allegedly returned to the department store where he grabbed a teenage girl. The girl was able to get away. An alert bystander detained Pittman until Hemet police officers arrived and took him into custody.
Pittman was charged with sexual battery, indecent exposure and annoying or molesting someone less than 18 years of age. He is being held on $25,000 bail.
riverside county, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 3 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video