Inland Empire News
Man arrested for sexual battery at Hemet department store
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is facing sexual battery charges after police say he grabbed a girl inside a department store in Hemet Monday.
The incident occurred in the store located in the 1200 block of South Sanderson Avenue.
Police say they initially responded to a report of a male suspect masturbating inside the store. The suspect, later identified as Grant Pittman, 22, of Winchester, had already left when officers arrived.
Witnesses provided police with a description of the suspect. A short time later, dispatch began receiving calls that Pittman was walking through the parking lot and blocking traffic into the street.
The suspect then allegedly returned to the department store where he grabbed a teenage girl. The girl was able to get away. An alert bystander detained Pittman until Hemet police officers arrived and took him into custody.
Pittman was charged with sexual battery, indecent exposure and annoying or molesting someone less than 18 years of age. He is being held on $25,000 bail.
riverside county, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 25 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments