Inland Empire News
San Bernardino undercover officers shot at
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is underway for whoever opened fire on two undercover San Bernardino police officers.
According to police, the officers were near the 2500 block of West Foothill Boulevard conducting an investigation at around 7 p.m. Tuesday. While they were in the area, they were approached by an unknown black male adult.
The officers then left the area and headed for the police department in their unmarked vehicle. That's when the shots were fired. A bullet struck one of their tires. The officers were not injured.
Police say they don't know if the officers were targeted or if it was a random shooting.
A burgundy vehicle was seen driving away from the scene.
If you have any information about this shooting, you're urged to contact the San Bernardino Police Department.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 38 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 51 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 16 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
38 min ago