Inland Empire News
Hesperia babysitter arrested in child's death
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Hesperia babysitter was arrested on suspicion of murder after an infant he was caring for died from blunt force trauma, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Daniel Ruiz, 23, is being held without bail at the Central Detention Center.
Sheriff's deputies from the Hesperia station responded to the 17300 block of Olive Street at 10:45 p.m. Wednesday after receiving a call about a medical aid. When they arrived, deputies learned that a 1-year-old had been transported to Desert Valley Hospital because the child had difficulty breathing. The infant was pronounced dead a short time later.
Detectives said they launched an investigation and discovered that the child suffered injuries while in Ruiz's care. Ruiz was questioned and later arrested.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Det. Mauricio Hurtado or Sgt. Trevis Newport at (909) 387-3589.
murder, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 33 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago