Inland Empire News
Hesperia babysitter arrested in child's death
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Hesperia babysitter was arrested on suspicion of murder after an infant he was caring for died from blunt force trauma, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Daniel Ruiz, 23, is being held without bail at the Central Detention Center.
Sheriff's deputies from the Hesperia station responded to the 17300 block of Olive Street at 10:45 p.m. Wednesday after receiving a call about a medical aid. When they arrived, deputies learned that a 1-year-old had been transported to Desert Valley Hospital because the child had difficulty breathing. The infant was pronounced dead a short time later.
Detectives said they launched an investigation and discovered that the child suffered injuries while in Ruiz's care. Ruiz was questioned and later arrested.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Det. Mauricio Hurtado or Sgt. Trevis Newport at (909) 387-3589.
murder, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video