Inland Empire News
San Bernardino inmate charged with murder after hospital attack
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-year-old inmate is dead after he was attacked by another inmate at Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino Saturday.
The incident occurred near the 3100 block of East Highland Avenue around 11:41 a.m.
Authorities said the men were both serving time in living quarters at the hospital when the attack occurred.
The 65-year-old victim was rendered unconscious and taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center for treatment of severe head injuries. He died of his injuries about six hours later.
The suspect, identified as George Carver, 40, of San Bernardino was arrested and charged with murder at West Valley Detention Center.
The victim has not been identified pending notification of kin.
Anyone with information regarding this case was urged to contact Detective Marco Granado at (909) 384-5628 or Sergeant Robertson at (909) 841-5361.
murder, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke