Inland Empire News
San Bernardino inmate charged with murder after hospital attack
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-year-old inmate is dead after he was attacked by another inmate at Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino Saturday.
The incident occurred near the 3100 block of East Highland Avenue around 11:41 a.m.
Authorities said the men were both serving time in living quarters at the hospital when the attack occurred.
The 65-year-old victim was rendered unconscious and taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center for treatment of severe head injuries. He died of his injuries about six hours later.
The suspect, identified as George Carver, 40, of San Bernardino was arrested and charged with murder at West Valley Detention Center.
The victim has not been identified pending notification of kin.
Anyone with information regarding this case was urged to contact Detective Marco Granado at (909) 384-5628 or Sergeant Robertson at (909) 841-5361.
murder, arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 50 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
35 min ago