Inland Empire News
Apple Valley drug bust nets 188 marijuana plants; 2 arrested
APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A report of shots fired ended with a large marijuana bust and two arrests on Minnetonka road in Apple Valley.
Deputies from the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department's Apple Valley station received reports of shots fired Sunday morning in the area of Pahute and Mesquite roads. When officers arrived on scene, they learned that a large dog had escaped from a property on Minnetonka Road by digging under the fence.
That dog attacked a smaller dog at a property on Pahute Road, where the homeowner shot that dog to stop the attack. While deputies were on scene conducting their investigation, a second large dog escaped from the same Minnetonka Road property and was taken by animal control.
Deputies discovered that the two large dogs were guarding a marijuana growing operation in the back yard of that Minnetonka Road property.
Investigators with the sheriff's Marijuana Enforcement Team were called to the scene to help deputies search the residence. Authorities found a large marijuana grow that was not in compliance with California's medical marijuana laws.
Officials seized 188 large marijuana plants and 4 pounds of processed marijuana. The Minnetonka Road residence was not being used as a home. Officials say the house had minimal living amenities and was only being used to keep up the marijuana growing operation.
Investigators arrested two individuals in connection with the drug bust - Carlos Moreno and Felipe Delrio. The investigation has been submitted to the district attorney for review.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the sheriff's Narcotics Division at (909) 890-4840 or the We-Tip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
san bernardino county, marijuana, marijuana growing, arrest, inland empire news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 8 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 56 min ago
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features 23 min ago
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'