Inland Empire News
Marijuana grow, weapons found on 1.5-acre Hesperia property
HESPERIA, Calif. (KABC) -- Narcotics officials seized 169 large marijuana plants on a 1.5-acre property during a drug bust in Hesperia.
The Sheriff's Narcotics Division Marijuana Enforcement Team and San Bernardino sheriff's deputies conducted a search warrant at a home at 11574 Locust Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.
Investigators found a large marijuana growing operation in the backyard. The plants were surrounded by fencing with green mesh fabric to conceal the grow.
Authorities found a total of 169 large mature marijuana plants as well as four pounds of processed marijuana. Authorities found the grow to be an illegal operation, not in compliance with California medical marijuana laws.
Investigators also found several firearms inside the home, including a .32-caliber revolver, .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun, a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun and an 8 mm rifle. Numerous rounds of ammunition were also found.
Two men who were inside the home at the time of the bust were arrested - 52-year-old Rodrigo Antonio Magana Perez and 33-year-old Juan Carlos Magana Pimentel.
The case has been submitted to the district attorney for review.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Sheriff's Narcotics Division at (909) 890-4840. You can also call the We-tip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
san bernardino county, marijuana, marijuana growing, arrest, inland empire news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 36 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings 25 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover