Inland Empire News
San Bernardino deputy's statue vandalized; suspects sought
LAKE ARROWHEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continues for vandals who targeted a bronze statue honoring the memory of a fallen San Bernardino Sheriff's Department deputy.
Jeremiah MacKay's statue was unveiled at Lake Arrowhead Village Sept. 1. Now, a dove that adorned the statue is missing and believed to be stolen.
MacKay, 35, was killed in a gun battle with former LAPD officer and fugitive murder suspect Christopher Dorner last February near Angelus Oaks.
MacKay's fellow deputies say the statue is a reminder of all that he died for. The deputy worked for the sheriff's department for 15 years, earning more than a dozen awards.
san bernardino county, vandalism, inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 3 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths 28 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine' 49 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)