Inland Empire News
Yucca Valley marijuana bust nets 378 plants, 2 lbs of processed pot
YUCCA VALLEY, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- San Bernardino County Sheriff's personnel served a search warrant at 3055 Sage Avenue at 5 p.m. Wednesday and seized an illegal marijuana growing operation.
Investigators found a large marijuana cultivation area in the back yard of the residence under sun-shade fabric. They seized 378 mature and budding plants ranging from 3 to 5 feet tall, as well as 2 pounds of processed marijuana. The operation was not in compliance with California medical marijuana laws.
Two people were arrested at the residence: Sengchanh Nanthavondouangsy, 44, and Manikhone Chithavong, 59, were arrested on cultivation charges.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact the Sheriff's Narcotics Division at (909)890-4840. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at wetip.com
arrest, marijuana growing, marijuana, inland empire news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 1 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Oxnard home, vehicle hit by multiple gunshots 43 min ago
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?