Inland Empire News
Estranged mom pepper sprays child's father, kidnaps son in Perris
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) -- Two women were arrested for kidnapping, assault and conspiracy charges in connection with the abduction of a 2-year-old boy in Perris Saturday. One of the suspects was identified as the child's estranged mother.
Police responded to an apartment complex located at 549 North D Street in regards to an assault with a vehicle around 8:41 p.m.
Responding officers learned a 2-year-old child had been abducted by his estranged mother, 23-year-old Mishay Alls. The 23-year-old had pepper sprayed the child's father and fled with the boy in a waiting truck driven by 36-year-old Amber Cochran.
As the truck sped away, a family member tried to intervene and was struck by the truck. The unidentified family member was transported to a local hospital with moderate injuries.
Cochran also struck several parked vehicles while leaving the scene.
Hemet police later located the vehicle in the 4600 block of West Florida Avenue around 9:15 p.m.
Alls and Cochran were both taken into custody and booked for kidnapping, assault, and conspiracy at the Southwest County Detention Center.
The child was found unharmed and was shortly reunited with his father.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with additional information regarding this investigation was urged to contact deputies at the Perris Police Department by calling (951) 210-1000.
kidnap, arrest, inland empire news
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 14 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns 41 min ago
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke