Inland Empire News
2 Vista Murrieta High School students arrested in sexual assault case
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two local high school football players are facing multiple felony charges of sexual assault.
The two students from Vista Murrieta High School were arrested on Thursday. One of them is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.
Officials did not release many details because the students are minors. But according to several websites, they are players on the high school's football team.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, one of the suspects is charged with two counts of rape involving two victims and two counts of lewd acts with a girl under 14, three counts of false imprisonment and one count of dissuading a victim from reporting a crime.
The second suspect is also facing sexual-related charges but officials wouldn't confirm what those are.
Officials say the investigation revealed the incidents allegedly occurred off campus.
School district officials issued a statement saying they are "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear about the arrests.
"We are cooperating with the Murrieta Police Department on their investigation. We have counselors available should students want to speak with somebody about this incident," the district said.
school, riverside county, inland empire news, carlos granda
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour