Inland Empire News
2 Vista Murrieta High School students arrested in sexual assault case
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two local high school football players are facing multiple felony charges of sexual assault.
The two students from Vista Murrieta High School were arrested on Thursday. One of them is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.
Officials did not release many details because the students are minors. But according to several websites, they are players on the high school's football team.
According to the Riverside County District Attorney's Office, one of the suspects is charged with two counts of rape involving two victims and two counts of lewd acts with a girl under 14, three counts of false imprisonment and one count of dissuading a victim from reporting a crime.
The second suspect is also facing sexual-related charges but officials wouldn't confirm what those are.
Officials say the investigation revealed the incidents allegedly occurred off campus.
School district officials issued a statement saying they are "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear about the arrests.
"We are cooperating with the Murrieta Police Department on their investigation. We have counselors available should students want to speak with somebody about this incident," the district said.
school, riverside county, inland empire news, carlos granda
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman Trophy 8 min ago
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year 28 min ago