Inland Empire News
7-year-old boy struck, killed in Temecula heading to ice cream truck
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy was killed in Temecula as he crossed the street to reach an ice cream truck.
Diyarbek Uzakbaev was a second-grader at Vail Elementary School.
The boy was crossing the 29000 block of Pujol Road on Tuesday when he was hit.
The driver, 25-year-old Bradley Megginson, was arrested on suspicious of gross vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators believe alcohol was a factor. Megginson was booked into the Southwest Detention Center in French Valley. His bail was set at $75,000.
Plans for a memorial service are pending. A fund has been setup to help Uzakbaev's family with burial costs. Donors can make deposits at any Wells Fargo Bank branch. For cash, use account No. 3451570190. For checks, deposit to account No. 6451481763 under the name Nuratdin Amankulov.
riverside county, arrest, car crash, dui, inland empire news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'