Inland Empire News
7-year-old boy struck, killed in Temecula heading to ice cream truck
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy was killed in Temecula as he crossed the street to reach an ice cream truck.
Diyarbek Uzakbaev was a second-grader at Vail Elementary School.
The boy was crossing the 29000 block of Pujol Road on Tuesday when he was hit.
The driver, 25-year-old Bradley Megginson, was arrested on suspicious of gross vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators believe alcohol was a factor. Megginson was booked into the Southwest Detention Center in French Valley. His bail was set at $75,000.
Plans for a memorial service are pending. A fund has been setup to help Uzakbaev's family with burial costs. Donors can make deposits at any Wells Fargo Bank branch. For cash, use account No. 3451570190. For checks, deposit to account No. 6451481763 under the name Nuratdin Amankulov.
riverside county, arrest, car crash, dui, inland empire news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 1 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 55 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- LA launches campaign to shut illegal pot...
35 min ago