Inland Empire News
Man sought in Montclair hit-and-run that injured crossing guard
MONTCLAIR, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have released new information on the identity of a hit-and-run driver who severely injured a 60-year-old woman last week in Montclair.
The incident happened last Thursday morning at the intersection of Fremont Avenue and Orchard Street. Donna Omlin, who was working as a crossing guard to protect children, remains in the hospital.
Omlin was holding a stop sign and had just finished escorting several children across the road when she was hit.
Montclair police are searching for 32-year-old Israel Carrion. They believe he was behind the wheel of the car that hit Omlin.
"During a search of the area, detectives did find the suspect's vehicle and later got him identified and there's currently an arrest warrant for the suspect," said Sgt. Bryon Kelly with the Montclair Police Department.
Omlin's family says she faces a long recovery.
"She sustained extremely serious injuries. She's had a few surgeries. We are hoping that she's on the road to recovery. She's up against another surgery tomorrow. She's fighting through this," said Cindy Agostini, Omlin's niece.
Anyone with information was asked to call detectives at (909) 621-4771.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, amy powell
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 25 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
37 min ago