Inland Empire News
Man sought in Montclair hit-and-run that injured crossing guard
MONTCLAIR, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities have released new information on the identity of a hit-and-run driver who severely injured a 60-year-old woman last week in Montclair.
The incident happened last Thursday morning at the intersection of Fremont Avenue and Orchard Street. Donna Omlin, who was working as a crossing guard to protect children, remains in the hospital.
Omlin was holding a stop sign and had just finished escorting several children across the road when she was hit.
Montclair police are searching for 32-year-old Israel Carrion. They believe he was behind the wheel of the car that hit Omlin.
"During a search of the area, detectives did find the suspect's vehicle and later got him identified and there's currently an arrest warrant for the suspect," said Sgt. Bryon Kelly with the Montclair Police Department.
Omlin's family says she faces a long recovery.
"She sustained extremely serious injuries. She's had a few surgeries. We are hoping that she's on the road to recovery. She's up against another surgery tomorrow. She's fighting through this," said Cindy Agostini, Omlin's niece.
Anyone with information was asked to call detectives at (909) 621-4771.
san bernardino county, inland empire news, amy powell
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke