Inland Empire News
Riverside hit-and-run leaves bicyclist in critical condition; Driver arrested
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The alleged driver behind a hit-and-run crash that critically injured a 53-year-old man in Riverside Thursday has been arrested.
Police responded to reports of a collision at Magnolia and Buchanan avenues around 9 p.m.
According to witnesses, a black 2012 Toyota Camry was traveling eastbound on Magnolia Avenue when it struck the 53-year-old bicyclist.
The driver reportedly stopped for a few seconds before fleeing the scene.
The victim was transported to Riverside Community Hospital where he remains in critical condition. His identity has not been released.
Police say witnesses followed the driver to the area of Pierce Street and Magnolia Avenue where he was arrested by responding officers.
The driver was later identified as Alvin Lennon Johnson, 32, of Riverside and booked for felony hit-and-run at the Robert Presley Detention Center.
Anyone with any information was urged to contact Detective Ken Madsen at (951) 826-8723.
hit and run, arrest, riverside county, inland empire news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison