Inland Empire News
Riverside hit-and-run leaves bicyclist in critical condition; Driver arrested
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- The alleged driver behind a hit-and-run crash that critically injured a 53-year-old man in Riverside Thursday has been arrested.
Police responded to reports of a collision at Magnolia and Buchanan avenues around 9 p.m.
According to witnesses, a black 2012 Toyota Camry was traveling eastbound on Magnolia Avenue when it struck the 53-year-old bicyclist.
The driver reportedly stopped for a few seconds before fleeing the scene.
The victim was transported to Riverside Community Hospital where he remains in critical condition. His identity has not been released.
Police say witnesses followed the driver to the area of Pierce Street and Magnolia Avenue where he was arrested by responding officers.
The driver was later identified as Alvin Lennon Johnson, 32, of Riverside and booked for felony hit-and-run at the Robert Presley Detention Center.
Anyone with any information was urged to contact Detective Ken Madsen at (951) 826-8723.
hit and run, arrest, riverside county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 47 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 5 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 33 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 51 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 41 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 57 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months