Inland Empire News
Colton attempted kidnapping suspect sought
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is underway for an attempted kidnapping suspect who tried to grab a 10-year-old girl from a Colton neighborhood.
Officers received a call at around 4 p.m. Tuesday about the incident. Investigators say a male suspect grabbed the girl in the 3100 block of East Canyon Vista Drive and tried to take her with him.
The victim was able to get away from the suspect and run to a nearby family member's house.
The suspect was described as being about 6 feet 1 inch tall between 20 and 25 years old. He was seen wearing a long-sleeve black hooded sweatshirt and blue jean shorts. Investigators say the man was wearing his hood pulled low over his face, so race and facial features were difficult to distinguish.
The suspect was last seen running east on Canyon Vista Drive.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to call the Colton Police Department at (909) 370-5000.
san bernardino county, kidnap, inland empire news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 45 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds