Inland Empire News
Eleanor Roosevelt HS rape case: 2nd alleged victim comes forward
EASTVALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two teenage boys accused of sexually assaulting a female student in a high school restroom were charged on Wednesday.
The alleged rape took place last Wednesday after school hours in a campus bathroom at Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Eastvale, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. Eyewitness News has learned that the alleged victim is a freshman.
Students say one of the suspects is a junior and is on the football team. The second suspect, who is a sophomore, had recently been expelled for an unrelated issue and now attends Orange Grove High School in Corona.
The names of the teens, ages 15 and 16, are not being released because they are minors. They are due in court on Thursday.
Meantime, another alleged victim has come forward. Her brother, who did not want to be identified, spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News.
"The gentleman pinned her against the wall and sexually groped her," he said.
The brother said they immediately went to school police to file a report. Emails provided by the family shows the school's on-campus deputy documented the incident on Sept. 18.
"The officer there took a report from us and that was the last of the action that we ever heard," said the brother.
Then came news of the latest alleged sexual assault and arrest. The brother says his sister's alleged attacker is the same junior football player identified by students.
"I think if action was taken in the first incident, I think that the second incident would not have happened," he said.
The Riverside County Sheriff's Department says the first alleged attack is now under investigation.
Eyewitness News contacted Corona-Norco Unified School District about the latest allegations and have not received a reply.
In an earlier statement, the school district said, in part, "This is an isolated incident, but understandably raises concerns about campus safety. We are working with our students to remind them of the importance of safe behaviors."
The second alleged victim's brother says that was not an isolated incident. He said his family has now filed a formal police report. He says they came forward in hopes of encouraging any potential victims.
Anyone with additional information regarding this incident was encouraged to contact Investigator Pabelico at the Jurupa Valley Station (951) 955-2600.
school, riverside county, sexual assault, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 6 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video