Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley traffic stop leads to robbery arrests
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Moreno Valley men were arrested Saturday for robbery after a police traffic stop yielded a loaded gun in the car.
A Moreno Valley police officer conducted a vehicle stop of a Chevrolet El Camino Saturday at about 5:17 p.m. in the area of Perris Blvd. and Cottonwood Ave. Sa Nee Randolph, 21, and Demar Murphy, 25, were arrested for a loaded handgun in the car, police said.
Evidence was found in the car linking the suspects to three robberies committed at the Dollar Tree Store on the 12000 block of Perris Blvd. in Moreno Valley. The store had been robbed on Sept. 4, Oct.4 and Oct. 5 by two males driving a white Chevy Tahoe with red rims.
Further evidence in the car revealed that Randolph owns a Tahoe with red rims.
The Tahoe was located in San Bernardino and processed for evidence. A search warrant was served at Randolph's residence and a probation search was conducted at Murphy's residence. Evidence tying both men to the three store robberies was found at each location, police said.
The suspects were booked into the Riverside County Jail for robbery. The suspects' bail was set at $500,000, due to the multiple violent crimes with a gun.
robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 40 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 3 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 46 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 22 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 46 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 15 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book