Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley traffic stop leads to robbery arrests
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Two Moreno Valley men were arrested Saturday for robbery after a police traffic stop yielded a loaded gun in the car.
A Moreno Valley police officer conducted a vehicle stop of a Chevrolet El Camino Saturday at about 5:17 p.m. in the area of Perris Blvd. and Cottonwood Ave. Sa Nee Randolph, 21, and Demar Murphy, 25, were arrested for a loaded handgun in the car, police said.
Evidence was found in the car linking the suspects to three robberies committed at the Dollar Tree Store on the 12000 block of Perris Blvd. in Moreno Valley. The store had been robbed on Sept. 4, Oct.4 and Oct. 5 by two males driving a white Chevy Tahoe with red rims.
Further evidence in the car revealed that Randolph owns a Tahoe with red rims.
The Tahoe was located in San Bernardino and processed for evidence. A search warrant was served at Randolph's residence and a probation search was conducted at Murphy's residence. Evidence tying both men to the three store robberies was found at each location, police said.
The suspects were booked into the Riverside County Jail for robbery. The suspects' bail was set at $500,000, due to the multiple violent crimes with a gun.
robbery, arrest, inland empire news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 5 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate