Inland Empire News
Serial rapist search continues; 1 other suspect in custody
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police now believe there were two suspects behind a series of sexual assaults targeting massage parlors across several counties. One man is in custody, but they are still searching for a second suspect.
Maurice Jennings of Corona was arrested after police released suspect photos to the public. The 34-year-old has been charged in a 2008 robbery and sexual assault of three women in Riverside County and in a 2009 robbery of two women in Corona.
But DNA evidence collected from Jennings excluded him from five previous robberies and sexual assaults that were connected by DNA evidence.
Riverside police say they had previously believed they had just one suspect.
"In reality, we had two (suspects), and they were very similar in appearance," said Riverside Police Det. Rita Cobb.
Police are seeking the public's help finding the man that has been linked by DNA evidence to five massage parlor robberies and sexual assaults. They say they want to identify him and that he is a threat to public safety.
Police say Jennings and the DNA serial rapist not only appear to look the same, their methods are so similar that police aren't ruling out they may know each other. Investigators say both men targeted massage parlors run by foreign nationals, robbed them at gunpoint and then sexually assaulted some of the victims.
Authorities say 95 percent of public tips that came in helped identify Jennings, who is an out-of-work plumber with a family. He has a criminal history, officers said.
Anyone with information into the suspect police are still looking for is asked to contact the Riverside Police Department at (951) 353-7261.
sex crimes, robbery, riverside county, san bernardino county, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors