Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley head-on collision kills 3 including child
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed including a child following a two-car head-on collision in Jurupa Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a report of a major injury traffic collision on the 10050 block of Limonite Avenue around 9:58 p.m. Upon arrival, officers learned two vehicles had been involved in a head-on collision.
Three occupants of one vehicle were pronounced dead at the scene. A child, identified by the coroner as 8-year-old Elizabeth Mendez, was among the deceased victims. The other two occupants were identified as 33-year-old Elizabeth Mendez and 62-year-old Maria Contreras De Mendez. All three victims were from Norwalk.
Four other people were rushed to a local hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine if alcohol played a role in the fatal wreck.
Limonite Avenue between Bain and Beach streets was closed as the investigation continued but was reopened around noon.
Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact the Jurupa Valley Police Department at (951) 955-2600.
car crash, riverside county, inland empire news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)