Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley head-on collision kills 3 including child
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed including a child following a two-car head-on collision in Jurupa Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a report of a major injury traffic collision on the 10050 block of Limonite Avenue around 9:58 p.m. Upon arrival, officers learned two vehicles had been involved in a head-on collision.
Three occupants of one vehicle were pronounced dead at the scene. A child, identified by the coroner as 8-year-old Elizabeth Mendez, was among the deceased victims. The other two occupants were identified as 33-year-old Elizabeth Mendez and 62-year-old Maria Contreras De Mendez. All three victims were from Norwalk.
Four other people were rushed to a local hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine if alcohol played a role in the fatal wreck.
Limonite Avenue between Bain and Beach streets was closed as the investigation continued but was reopened around noon.
Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact the Jurupa Valley Police Department at (951) 955-2600.
car crash, riverside county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 45 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere