Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley head-on collision kills 3 including child
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were killed including a child following a two-car head-on collision in Jurupa Valley Saturday.
Police responded to a report of a major injury traffic collision on the 10050 block of Limonite Avenue around 9:58 p.m. Upon arrival, officers learned two vehicles had been involved in a head-on collision.
Three occupants of one vehicle were pronounced dead at the scene. A child, identified by the coroner as 8-year-old Elizabeth Mendez, was among the deceased victims. The other two occupants were identified as 33-year-old Elizabeth Mendez and 62-year-old Maria Contreras De Mendez. All three victims were from Norwalk.
Four other people were rushed to a local hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine if alcohol played a role in the fatal wreck.
Limonite Avenue between Bain and Beach streets was closed as the investigation continued but was reopened around noon.
Anyone with information regarding this traffic collision was urged to contact the Jurupa Valley Police Department at (951) 955-2600.
car crash, riverside county, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)