Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley home owners foil robbery in progress
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Two burglars were arrested after home owners caught the men inside their Jurupa Valley home Saturday.
Police responded to the 3800 block of Crestmore Road following reports of a home invasion robbery in progress around 2:15 p.m.
The home owners had reportedly returned to their residence to find the two suspects in the process of burglarizing their home.
As the suspects attempted to flee, they assaulted the home owners and attempted to steal their vehicle.
Responding deputies shortly arrived and arrested both suspects.
They were identified as John Ernesto Gonzales, 48, of Adelanto and Stephan Smith, 26, of Yucaipa. Both are facing home invasion robbery, attempted carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy charges.
Gonzales and Smith were booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information about this incident was urged to contact Deputy Tiu or Deputy Thompson at the Jurupa Valley Station at (951) 955-2600.
home invasion, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments