Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley home owners foil robbery in progress
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Two burglars were arrested after home owners caught the men inside their Jurupa Valley home Saturday.
Police responded to the 3800 block of Crestmore Road following reports of a home invasion robbery in progress around 2:15 p.m.
The home owners had reportedly returned to their residence to find the two suspects in the process of burglarizing their home.
As the suspects attempted to flee, they assaulted the home owners and attempted to steal their vehicle.
Responding deputies shortly arrived and arrested both suspects.
They were identified as John Ernesto Gonzales, 48, of Adelanto and Stephan Smith, 26, of Yucaipa. Both are facing home invasion robbery, attempted carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon and conspiracy charges.
Gonzales and Smith were booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information about this incident was urged to contact Deputy Tiu or Deputy Thompson at the Jurupa Valley Station at (951) 955-2600.
home invasion, robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 25 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 37 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 29 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks