Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley car owner target of hate crime
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moreno Valley resident woke up to find his or her car vandalized in an apparent hate crime Sunday.
Police responded to the 13000 block of Pocono Court around 7:06 a.m. following vandalism reports.
Upon arrival, officers found a derogatory racial comment scratched into the paint of a vehicle.
Authorities then contacted the owner of the vehicle.
Based on the correlation between the car owner's ethnicity and the derogatory comment, the incident is being investigated as a possible hate crime.
The car damage was estimated to be over $5,000.
Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact Moreno Valley police at (951) 247-8700.
hate crime, inland empire news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images 42 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5 45 min ago
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons