Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley car owner target of hate crime
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moreno Valley resident woke up to find his or her car vandalized in an apparent hate crime Sunday.
Police responded to the 13000 block of Pocono Court around 7:06 a.m. following vandalism reports.
Upon arrival, officers found a derogatory racial comment scratched into the paint of a vehicle.
Authorities then contacted the owner of the vehicle.
Based on the correlation between the car owner's ethnicity and the derogatory comment, the incident is being investigated as a possible hate crime.
The car damage was estimated to be over $5,000.
Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact Moreno Valley police at (951) 247-8700.
hate crime, inland empire news
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 7 min ago
- Fatal Baldwin Village fire deemed accident
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Human skeletal remains found in Montebello
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- Kelly Thomas trial: Surveillance video shown
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash 41 min ago
- Baby falls out of stroller in wild robbery
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Best high-tech toys for kids this season
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- Paul Walker crash seen on surveillance video
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson new Christmas music video