Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley car owner target of hate crime
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moreno Valley resident woke up to find his or her car vandalized in an apparent hate crime Sunday.
Police responded to the 13000 block of Pocono Court around 7:06 a.m. following vandalism reports.
Upon arrival, officers found a derogatory racial comment scratched into the paint of a vehicle.
Authorities then contacted the owner of the vehicle.
Based on the correlation between the car owner's ethnicity and the derogatory comment, the incident is being investigated as a possible hate crime.
The car damage was estimated to be over $5,000.
Anyone with information on this incident was urged to contact Moreno Valley police at (951) 247-8700.
hate crime, inland empire news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 59 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 25 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 28 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 35 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
10 min ago