Inland Empire News
LA sheriff's lieutenant arrested in Moreno Valley prostitution sting
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County sheriff's lieutenant was arrested during an undercover prostitution sting operation at a Moreno Valley motel.
Authorities say officers conducted the sting operation at a motel in the 23000 block of Sunnymead Boulevard last Thursday at various hours. Police had received complaints from residents that people were loitering in the area, and they suspected there was illegal drug activity and prostitution.
The sting resulted in the arrest of two women and 19 men for prostitution, including Lt. Michael Strickland of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department. Strickland, a 49-year-old Eastvale resident, was relieved of duty with pay since the arrest, according to sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore.
Strickland worked at the Industry Sheriff's Station, Whitmore said.
Four of the males were arrested for sales of marijuana, and about five ounces of marijuana was recovered from the operation.
"The narcotic related arrestees offered to give the undercover officers narcotics in lieu of currency to complete the negotiated solicitation payment," police said in a press release.
Police say the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to call the Moreno Valley Police Department at (951) 247-8700.
arrest, los angeles county sheriff's department, inland empire news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 48 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 12 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'