Inland Empire News
San Bernardino police cruiser stolen, still missing
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- In a very bold move, a carjacker stole a police cruiser, which was parked in a lot in San Bernardino.
The San Bernardino Police Department says the vehicle was stolen from a parking lot on the 400 block of West Court Street at about 8:20 a.m. Monday.
Authorities say the stolen cruiser is a 2008 silver Ford Crown Victoria. It was unmarked, not a black-and-white vehicle. The officer was conducting business nearby and had parked the vehicle in an area lot. Investigators say the keys were not left in the ignition.
The license plate number is 1305691. The paint is chipping off and rusted on the lid of the trunk on the passenger side. There is a black magnetic antenna on top of the car, but no lights on top. There were no weapons were in the car.
If you have any information about this theft or you spot the cruiser, you're asked to dial 911.
inland empire news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'