Inland Empire News
San Bernardino corrections officer arrested for sexual misconduct
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County female probation corrections officer was arrested Wednesday for alleged sexual misconduct with a minor who was detained.
Latavia Davis, 30, was arrested Wednesday morning at the Central Detention Center where she worked. The minor has has not been identified, but the incident allegedly happened while the 17-year-old was detained in Juvenile Hall.
According to San Bernardino Police Lt. Paul Williams, the relationship between Davis and the 17-year-old was consensual.
An internal affairs investigation was launched Tuesday immediately upon discovery of the officer's alleged actions, according to a statement from the San Bernardino County Probation Department. It was then turned over to the San Bernardino Police Department for a corresponding criminal investigation
"I have no tolerance for misconduct by the officers of this department, but the abuse of minors detained in our care is the most egregious violation of trust placed in us to protect everyone in our community," said Chief Probation Officer Michelle Scray Brown.
Anyone with further information regarding this matter was urged to contact Lt. Williams at (909) 384-5616.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 26 min ago
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide 46 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed