Inland Empire News
San Bernardino corrections officer arrested for sexual misconduct
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County female probation corrections officer was arrested Wednesday for alleged sexual misconduct with a minor who was detained.
Latavia Davis, 30, was arrested Wednesday morning at the Central Detention Center where she worked. The minor has has not been identified, but the incident allegedly happened while the 17-year-old was detained in Juvenile Hall.
According to San Bernardino Police Lt. Paul Williams, the relationship between Davis and the 17-year-old was consensual.
An internal affairs investigation was launched Tuesday immediately upon discovery of the officer's alleged actions, according to a statement from the San Bernardino County Probation Department. It was then turned over to the San Bernardino Police Department for a corresponding criminal investigation
"I have no tolerance for misconduct by the officers of this department, but the abuse of minors detained in our care is the most egregious violation of trust placed in us to protect everyone in our community," said Chief Probation Officer Michelle Scray Brown.
Anyone with further information regarding this matter was urged to contact Lt. Williams at (909) 384-5616.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 16 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter