Inland Empire News
Dead baby found on conveyor belt at Victorville recycling center
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A dead baby wrapped in a blanket was found on a conveyor belt at a recycling center in Victorville on Thursday.
The baby was found just before noon at the MRF recycling plant on the 17000 block of Abbey Lane. An employee sorting through recyclables made the discovery and called 911.
Detectives say an autopsy will be done on the baby, but at this point, it's too early to tell whether the baby was the victim of a homicide or if the baby was a stillborn. Officials say the female victim appears to be a newborn.
"The sheriff's department is asking that the public, anyone who has information of a female may have recently given birth and who does not have their baby in their custody, that they would please call sheriff's homicide," said Jodi Miller with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Anyone with information was asked to call authorities at (909) 387-3589.
body found, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 33 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
24 min ago
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
31 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
36 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
15 min ago