Inland Empire News
Missing man rescued after starting small fire
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- A man missing for six days was rescued Sunday after starting a fire in the forest.
Rodney Trumbo, a man in his 50s, went missing in the San Bernardino National Forest last week.
Trumbo started a small fire Sunday in Coldwater Canyon near Arrowhead Hot Springs to stay warm. U.S. Forest Service personnel responded after the flames got out of control.
Trumbo was hoisted out of the area by aircraft.
The San Bernardino Fire Department said Trumbo was hospitalized for treatment for dehydration and head and back pain. He was last listed in stable condition.
Deputies searched for Trumbo last week but were unable to find him.
Officials said the fire burned about a quarter acre.
rescue, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 17 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months