Inland Empire News
Ontario man on probation arrested for attempting to kidnap teen girl
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Ontario man arrested for attempted kidnapping Thursday was found to be on probation with an outstanding battery warrant.
Ontario Police responded to a report of an attempted kidnapping near Vine Avenue and Granada Court at about 8:30 a.m.
A 15-year-old female Ontario resident was walking alone on Vine when a man approached her and grabbed her chest, police said. The suspect tried to grab the teen again, but she fought back and ran away as he tried to pull her toward his vehicle. The suspect then drove away.
The girl and other witnesses provided police with a detailed description of the suspect's car, a faded maroon 1997 4-door Dodge Stratus, as well as a license plate number. The car is registered to a Mira Loma residence, but police located the vehicle at an apartment complex on the 1200 block of Stoneridge Place.
Witnesses told police a young child was seen in the back of the suspect's car as he fled.
Ontario resident Jonathan Medina, 25, was arrested for attempted kidnapping and sexual assault of a child. Medina was already on probation for a battery conviction and was found to have an outstanding $10,000 battery warrant in San Bernardino County.
The child seen in the car was determined to be Medina's 3-year-old son, who was turned over to his mother.
The teen victim was not injured. The victim and the suspect are not acquainted.
Although there have not been any other reports of similar incidents occurring in that area in the recent past, Detectives are asking for anyone with information about Medina or today's incident to contact Ontario Police Detective Jeff Zeen at (909) 395-2744.
arrest, inland empire news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film