Inland Empire News
Hot air balloon explodes after landing near Temecula; 4 injured
TEMECULA, Calif. (KABC) -- A hot air balloon exploded after landing near Temecula Saturday morning. Four people were injured in the incident.
Cal Fire and Riverside County firefighters responded to reports of a hot air balloon down at the corner of Vino Way and Calle Cabernet around 7:44 a.m.
FAA spokesman Ian Gregor says there were six people in the gondola when the explosion occurred.
Authorities say one person was burned and two others were also seriously hurt. A fourth person suffered minor injuries. They were all transported to area hospitals for treatment.
Neighbors quickly ran to help.
"One lady was sitting on the ground and it looked like her hair was melting on her head. She was burned so bad, and then a few other people were badly burned," said a witness, who only identified herself as "Ashley."
It is still unclear what caused the explosion. The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the incident.
City News Service contributed to this report.
inland empire news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case 23 min ago
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Unsolved murder mystery revealed in doc
28 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
16 min ago