Inland Empire News
Riverside teen accused of killing father
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 17-year-old is accused of shooting his father to death in their Riverside home on Monday after a heated argument.
The victim's wife says she stepped out of the house in the 8400 block of Sunshine Lane for a moment, and then heard the gunshots at 4:20 p.m. According to police, the 53-year-old man was hit several times and was declared dead at the scene.
The wife says her husband was engaged in a heated argument with their son moments before the shooting. One neighbor says those arguments were frequent.
"All the time, the father would be yelling and cussing at the kids, well the one son constantly. It happened a lot during the summer and late at night when they were in the pool," said Justine Roduegez.
She says she called police several times because of the noise, but was not sure whether the family was ever confronted about the commotion.
shooting, homicide investigation, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero' 30 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour