Inland Empire News
IE fatal home-invasion robbery: sketch released
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A brutal home-invasion attack left an elderly woman dead and her husband badly injured. Nearly a year later authorities are still looking for a suspect and are seeking the public's help.
Investigators hoped they'd find the suspect soon after the crime occurred, but after months of chasing down leads they're now turning to the public for help.
A sketch was released of the suspect San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators are looking for.
They say in January the suspect robbed and brutally beat 84-year-old Lorna Gable and her 95-year-old husband during a home-invasion robbery.
"They both were transported to a local area hospital. Mr. Gable was treated and released, and unfortunately Lorna Gable died from her injuries," said San Bernardino County Sheriff's Spokesperson Jodi Miller.
Investigators say Gable awoke to find the suspect ransacking her home and called 911. When the suspect realized she was awake he began beating her.
The attack left Gable with a broken arm, fractures to her face and other injuries that claimed her life a month later.
Neighbor Mike Kakish says Gable's husband used to ride his scoter over to his shop to talk. He thinks the couple may have been targeted because of their advanced age.
"I am sure whoever did this probably had an idea of who was in there," said Kakish.
Investigators say the suspect stole cash, a gun and other property before making his getaway.
After exhausting all leads in the 10-month-old case, they are now releasing the sketch in the hopes the public can help find him.
If you have any information regarding the identity or whereabouts of the suspect in the sketch, you're asked to contact the WeTip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME. Callers may be eligible for a reward and can remain anonymous.
robbery, murder, homicide investigation, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 20 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker