Inland Empire News
Stabbing at Corona apartment leaves man dead
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 25-year-old man died after he was found stabbed in an apartment unit in Corona early Friday.
Police were called to Parcwood Apartments at Via Pacifica and Border Avenue around 3:20 a.m. When they arrived, they found the man with a stab wound. He was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Police are concentrating the investigation on a building not far from the leasing office. Investigators are not saying anything about whether they know who the suspect is, but they are telling residents that it looks like the killer and the victim knew one another.
"As in any situation like this, we always ask the community to remain calm, report anything suspicious. We believe that in this particular case, it was an isolated situation. It wasn't a random attack," said Det. John Samano with the Corona Police Department.
Residents of the typically quiet area are shocked and unnerved by the discovery. Neighbors who live near the crime scene say they did not see or hear anything.
"I got home about 10:30 last night and it was calm and quiet," said resident Debra Acosta. "My son, who's 20, he'll come in late at night after playing basketball, there's never a problem."
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Corona Police Department.
stabbing, riverside county, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 18 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 33 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 36 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video