Inland Empire News
Stabbing at Corona apartment leaves man dead
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 25-year-old man died after he was found stabbed in an apartment unit in Corona early Friday.
Police were called to Parcwood Apartments at Via Pacifica and Border Avenue around 3:20 a.m. When they arrived, they found the man with a stab wound. He was taken to the hospital, where he later died.
Police are concentrating the investigation on a building not far from the leasing office. Investigators are not saying anything about whether they know who the suspect is, but they are telling residents that it looks like the killer and the victim knew one another.
"As in any situation like this, we always ask the community to remain calm, report anything suspicious. We believe that in this particular case, it was an isolated situation. It wasn't a random attack," said Det. John Samano with the Corona Police Department.
Residents of the typically quiet area are shocked and unnerved by the discovery. Neighbors who live near the crime scene say they did not see or hear anything.
"I got home about 10:30 last night and it was calm and quiet," said resident Debra Acosta. "My son, who's 20, he'll come in late at night after playing basketball, there's never a problem."
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Corona Police Department.
stabbing, riverside county, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 49 min ago
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 33 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour