Inland Empire News
Clerk killed during robbery at Check 'n Go in Chino; 2 men sought
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A clerk at a payday loan business in Chino was shot and killed during a robbery on Friday. A search is underway for two suspects.
The incident happened around 1:24 p.m. at the Check 'n Go on the 12000 block of Central Avenue.
Investigators say two men shot the female clerk, robbed the business, and then took off in a four-door Nissan Altima.
The first suspect was described as a Hispanic male about 20 years old with a medium build. He was wearing a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, a light gray hooded, zip-up sweatshirt, black pants and black shoes.
The second suspect was described by police as a man with a dark complexion, possibly Hispanic or African American, about 30 years old with a stocky build. He was wearing a dark-colored baseball cap, dark hooded zip-up sweatshirt and dark-colored pants.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of the suspects. Anyone with information was asked to call the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
robbery, shooting, inland empire news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 35 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 8 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 45 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book