Inland Empire News
Chino Check 'n Go armed robbery suspects in custody
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Two suspects have been arrested in connection to the murder of a 24-year-old clerk during a robbery at a payday loan business in Chino on Friday.
The alleged shooter, identified as 43-year-old Jorge Esteban Cisneros, was arrested after the SWAT team served a search warrant at his apartment in the 900 block of Phillips Avenue in Ontario on Saturday.
The second suspect, identified as 29-year-old David Mendez, was arrested around 9 a.m. in the 400 block of County Road in Pomona following a complete confession from Cisneros.
According to authorities, the two men were seen on surveillance video robbing a Check 'n Go on the 12000 block of Central Avenue around 1:24 p.m. Friday. The men shot the female clerk, identified as Vanessa Martinez, 24, of Riverside, and then took off in a four-door Nissan Altima, officials said.
No further information on the arrests was released.
A memorial of flowers, cards and candles continued to grow Saturday as more people in the community learned of Martinez's murder.
"It's heartbreaking, it hurts. I have no words," Chino resident Jacqueline Elliot said.
This is Chino's first murder in more than a year, and many in the community are hurt and angry, still trying to come to terms with such a senseless crime that claimed a young life.
"It's the holidays, and there is a family right now that is lost. Their hearts are shattered," Chino resident Brian Montes said.
"A couple weeks ago I came and spoke with her. It's just a sad tragedy. It's just very senseless," Chino resident Shanetta Worrell said.
Anyone with information on this case was asked to call the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
robbery, shooting, inland empire news, darsha philips
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 52 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves 16 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordinance scare prompts evacuations 9 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break