Inland Empire News
Riverside officer shoots, kills suspect after gun battle
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is underway into a deadly officer-involved shooting following a gun battle in Riverside.
According to Riverside police, an officer was checking on what appeared to be an unoccupied car parked near a closed gas station in the 3000 block of East La Cadena Drive at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
Investigators say when the officer walked up to the vehicle, a male suspect approached him with a handgun. Authorities say the suspect and the officer exchanged gunfire.
The suspect was struck by gunfire and pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. He was later identified by the coroner's office as 37-year-old Adolfo Ramirez of Riverside.
Authorities questioned and released two other people inside the vehicle.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 50 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
38 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
31 min ago